Perbadanan Bekalan Air Pulau Pinang Sdn Bhd (“PBAPP”) is a leading water supply organisation licensed under the Water Services Industry Act 2006 (“WSIA”). PBAPP is registered with Jabatan Perlindungan Data Peribadi Malaysia as a data user.
As an established organisation, we value your privacy over your personal information (“Personal Data”) we hold. We are committed in protecting those Personal Data.
Personal Data Collection
We collect necessary Personal Data from you in order for us to provide our services. The said data is collected during application for new water supply to your premise, change of registered account’s name and refund of deposit. We may from time to time collect your Personal Data for the purposes stated herein.
The Personal Data collected and/or to be collected from you are as follows:-
- National Registration Indentity Card No./Passport No.
- Premise/Correspondence address
- Telephone/fax no.
- Email address
- Personal Data obtained from documents provided to us including but not limited to Sale & Purchase Agreement, Tenancy Agreement, Grant of Probate, Will Certificate, Power of Attorney, Birth Certificate and Death Certificate.
Purpose and Processing of Personal Data Collection
The above Personal Data is necessary for us to provide you with our services efficiently and has been collected and will be processed for the following purposes :-
- Supply of water to your premise
- Maintenance of pipes to your premise
- Bill payment processing
- Communicating with you
- Providing related services
Disclosure of Personal Data
Apart from our own usage, your Personal Data will also be disclosed to external third parties and for purposes as follows :-
- Indah Water Konsortium (“IWK”) for sewerage services
- Panel solicitors for legal action related to the water supply services
- As and when required by law enforcement agencies, Court Orders or process
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be stored in both hard and soft copy, where applicable in our secured filing and server facility of which our personnel and our service provider shall have an access to it.
The said Personal Data will be retained by us for a duration in accordance with the purpose of the Personal Data collection and in accordance with the PDPA.
Security of Personal Data
PBAPP is committed and will employ our best endavour to ensure the Personal Data secure from any malicious act, theft, and/or obstruction to the said data as follows :-
- All Personal Data required to be stored in hard copy will be stored in a systematic secured filing system and/ or facility with limited and/or recorded access;
- All Personal Data required to be stored in soft copy will be stored in a secured hard disk and servers; and
- All PBAPP’s vendors having an access and dealing with the Personal Data are required to keep the Personal Data confidential, and are not permitted to use the data for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for PBAPP.
For PBAPP’s online services, you are responsible for protecting your username and password to ensure your personal information and Personal Data will not be compromised. If you suspect that your username and password has become compromised in any way, kindly prompt us immediately.
Although PBAPP adopt all measures to protect the Personal Data, PBAPP cannot guarantee security on Personal Data transmitted via the internet, if any.
Access, Amendment and Complaint
You may, at any time, in writing (subject to certain fees), apply for an access, make amendment, or limit the processing on your Personal Data or lodge any complaint to the Data Protection Compliance Officer to the address and e-mail as follows :-
- Pegawai Pematuhan Perlindungan Data Peribadi PBAPP Sdn Bhd
- Tingkat 33, Menara KOMTAR
- 10000, Jalan Penang, Pulau Pinang
- Email : email@example.com
This policy is subjected to changes from time to time. We will update and make available to you on any changes, if any. Kindly check the update on regular basis.